In terms of actual research projects I’ve been involved in during my time in HE, there were quite a few and I really enjoyed being involved in most of them. Here’s a listy overview. I might blog about each of them separately on another occasion.
· Lead Academic on dissemination sub-project (£20,000) under auspices of the HEFCE Funded Food Innovation Project, , ‘A Systematic Review of Stimulation for Food Innovation for University KT to SMEs’, April 2008 to August 2009.
· Lead Academic on internal project, ‘Investigation into Underperforming Modules on the Sheffield Hallam University HND Business Management Programme’, under HEFCE Centres for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) funding (£20,000), September 2007 to March 2008.
· Co-author and project co-ordinator of EPRSCfunded (£62,508) Taught Course in Complexity Science and Complex Systems, EP/D033667/1, ‘Awareness and Understanding of Complexity Science Principles for Real World Research’, Cranfield University, December 2005 to December 2006. In a post project review, the outputs were judged ‘outstanding’ by the EPSRC.
Contributions to other funded research or KT projects:
· Senior Agile Project Management (APM) Advisor to the Institute of Management and Regional Economics at Lucerne School of Business, Switzerland, on their ‘Agile Project Management’ Project (€12,500), 1 May 2008 to 30 October 2009, in collaboration with the IRE (Innovating Regions in Europe) Network (http://www.innovating-regions.org/).
· Senior Knowledge Management (KM) Advisor for the Dubai Holding European Benchmarking Programme (£49,500), Amsterdam, 27 April – 2 May 2008, with the Centre for Integral Excellence, Sheffield Hallam University, in collaboration with Philips High Tech Campus (Eindhoven), Dutch KPMG (Amstelveen), and a consortium of Dubai Holding subsidiaries: The Executive Council; Dubai Properties; Tecom Investments; Dubai First; The Jumeirah Hotel Group; and, Sama Dubai.
· Researcherand research supervision on HEFCE funded (£21.5k) Food Innovation Project, ‘Managing Client Relationships’, Sheffield Hallam University, Centre for Integral Excellence, September 2007 to February 2008.
· Researcher on 44 partner EC FP6 project, ‘NeWater’, ‘New Approaches to Adaptive Water Management under Uncertainty’, 511179/GOCE, Integrated Project in PRIORITY 6.3 Global Change and Ecosystems, Cranfield University, April 06 – August 07. NeWater total budget approx total cost 18 Mio Euro.
· Researcher and project manager on EC Asia Link funded (295,945 Euro) ‘Development of Master Level Teaching and Professional Training in Managing Implementation of Enterprise Information Systems (Mi-EIS)’, CN/ASIA–LINK/021(105-576), Cranfield University, October 2005 to March 2007.
· Researcheron EC FP5 project, ‘RODEO’, “Robust Business Development of Organisations – Adaptation within Turbulent Environments”, EC-IST-2001-35329, Cranfield University, April 2002 to Sept 2004 (approx £215,000)