Sometimes you meet people in life and get a “rousal jag”. No idea if that’s a real word and term or not, but it was one of my dad’s, and we all knew what he meant when he said it. It’s like when something gets your attention and takes you back a bit, shocking you into a state of alertness or new and heightened realisation. It makes you sit up and think, or step back and take action. It also makes you pause and reflect on who or what prompted this. Which often makes you wonder what the background is of someone who might have been involved. So sometimes you need something to go on to get to know people with so you can understand them a bit more.
Because of this, I thought I’d post some of my previous work and publications, starting with conference paper type stuff. It’s just a list, but you can see the dates I published stuff, themes I was interested in and the kind of groups I was influenced by and interacted with. Obviously this changed over time.
Anyway, here’s a list of conference papers I’ve delivered or co-written. If anyone wants a copy let me know. If anyone wants to collaborate or talk about a theme further, let me know 🙂 I’m going to post other things separately.
Refereed Conference Papers
· Webb, C. (2008). “Proposing the Need for an Integrated Diversity Agenda for European Business, Management & Social Policy at the Regional Level: Managing the Challenges & Opportunities of the Spice of Life when Montezuma’s Revenge is Always Just around the Corner”. Full paper accepted to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Diversity track of the 8th European Academy of Management (EURAM) Conference 2008, ‘Managing Diversity: European Destiny and Hope’, 14-17 May 2008, Ljubljana & Bled Slovenia.
· Webb, C. (2008). “Dear Diary: Recommendations for Researching Knowledge Transfer of the Complex”. Full paper accepted for the 9th European Conference on Knowledge Management(ECKM), Southampton Solent University, Southampton, UK 4-5 September 2008.
· Webb, C., Lettice, F. (2008). “Facilitating and Simplifying the Management of Diary-Based Research Projects: Recommendations for Practical Research Tools & Training”. Full paper accepted for the Research Methodology track of the British Academy of Management (BAM) Annual Conference, 9-11 September 2008, ‘The Academy Goes Relevant’, Harrogate, UK.
· Wolf, P., Webb, C., Schweikert, S. (2008). “Using Agile Project Management for Managing Regional Innovation Projects: How Does Complex Adaptive Systems Thinking Influence a Manager?” Full paper accepted to the 9th International CINet (Continuous Innovation Network) Conference, ‘Radical Challenges in Innovation Management’, Valencia, Spain, 5-9 September 2008.
· Pasher, E., Webb, C. (2008). “Adding Complexity to Conflict Resolution Dialogues”. Abstract accepted to Conference on Conflict and Complexity, Conflict Research Society and Conflict Analysis Research Centre, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, 2nd-3rd September 2008.
· Webb, C., Lettice, F. (2005). “Facilitating Learning and Sense-Making with Complexity Science Principles in Organisations by Means of a Complexity Starter Kit”. In: Proceedings of the Complexity, Science and Society Conference, 11th-14th September 2005, Centre for Complexity Research, University of Liverpool, UK. http://www.liv.ac.uk/ccr/2005_conf/index.htm
· Webb, C., Lettice, F. (2005) “Performance Measurement, Intangibles, and Six Complexity Science Principles”. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2005), 6th-8th September 2005, Cranfield University, UK. http://www.icmr2005.org.uk
· Webb, C., Wunram, M., Lettice, F., Klein, P. (2005). “Improving Problem Solving Capabilities in Concurrent Engineering via Knowledge Transformation & Six Complexity Science Principles”. In: Pawar, K.S., Weber, F., Thoben, K.-D., Katzy, B. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising: “Integrated Engineering of Products, Services and Organisations”, Munich, Germany, 20th-22nd June 2005, pp. 111-117. Published by: Centre for Concurrent Enterprising, Nottingham University Business School, University of Nottingham, UK. ISBN 978 0 85358 221 2. http://www.ice-conference.org/2005/
· Webb, C., Lettice, F. (2004). “Exchanging Diaries for Management Theory: A Qualitative Research Process”. Conference Paper – British Academy of Management Annual Conference, “Management Futures”, 30th August – 1st September 2004, St. Andrews, Scotland. ISBN 0-9549608-1-5. To see proceedings go to: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~bam04
· Webb, C., Lettice, F. (2003). “Facilitating Self-Organisation: A Feedback Analysis Approach”. Conference Paper: British Academy of Management, Harrogate, September 2003. Paper 205. www.bam.ac.uk
· Invited member of the Conference Programme Committee for the ‘2008 Conference on Conflict and Complexity’, organised by the UK Conflict research Society, hosted by the University of Kent at Canterbury, 2-3 September 2008
· Organising Committee Member, & Lead Academic Organiser, for the ‘Integrating for Excellence – Organisational Improvement’ Conference 2008, Sheffield Hallam University, UK, 24th & 25th June 2008
· Conference Planning Committee Member & Breakout Group/Strand Facilitator, for the Organisation and Management Faculty Conference 2008, Sheffield Hallam University, UK, 9thJanuary 2008
· Organising Committee Member, & Session Chair, for the Management track of the International ‘Complexity, Science & Society Conference 2005’, University of Liverpool, UK, 11th to 14th September 2005