I’m probably going to use this quiz with my class before their mock exam next week. For them it will be a recap activity of things we discussed and went through at some length in class yesterday when they did the Exam Isle board game (see previous blog post). Feel free to use with your students too if you think it might be useful.
20 Questions: GCSE English Language Foundation Paper Exam Quiz
- How many marks is question 1a worth?
- How many marks is question 5 worth?
- What type of writing is required for question 6 (writing to…)?
- What are you required to identify, quote and explain the effect on the reader for in question 3?
- What type of questions are 1a, 1b and 2?
- How long should you aim to spend on question 6?
- Which question will you attempt first?
- What are you required to identify examples of from two texts and compare in question 4?
- List three examples of language features
- List three examples of presentational features
- What three types of writing might be required for question 5 (writing to…)?
- How many marks is question 6 worth?
- Which question will you attempt 2nd?
- How many marks is question 2 worth?
- I don’t need to write in paragraphs in section A, the reading section: true or false?
- List three examples of discourse markers
- List three writing to describe techniques
- How many marks is question 3 worth?
- List three writing to persuade techniques
- What is the difference between writing to inform and writing to explain?
Swap your answers with a partner and peer mark while answers are discussed as a class.